Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Driving Ambition.

I love a road trip: the gas station coffee, reading unfamiliar road signs, the fruitless search for NPR in the vast air wave wasteland that is California's Interstate 5.

No, seriously. When I was little, I remember being snuggled up in the back seat of my grandparents Dodge Monaco with my stuffed animal friends watching the world go by.

Now I am in the driver's seat, but viewing the world through a windshield is still one of my favorite experiences.

So what does this rambling post have to do with Wednesday, November 2, you ask? Well, it's Weekend with the Wiremasters travel day and that means ROADTRIP!

My classes start tomorrow, so I am up bright and early to pack the car, gas her up, pick up my dear traveling companion, and set out for parts unknown. (Actually the parts are pretty known to you NorCal peeps. US 101 to 152 and then on to the interminable I5. YEEK!)

Tomorrow I start a 4-day class extravaganza. If you haven't read about the event, check it out here. I am teaching 4 fabulous metalworking classes including my über-creative, throw-caution-to-the-wind Rolled and Wrapped beads. I rarely teach this class and it is one of my favorites.


Okay gang. Enough for this morning. I'll let you know how it's going. But I suspect it will go pretty well. After all, it's gonna be rough hanging out here for the next few days...

...but I will do my best.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the rolled and wrapped beads. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.