Friday, November 4, 2011

October's Reader Challenge REVEAL!

I like to say yes to people. I like to keep busy. I like to participate in group activities and be social. I also like to nap. Which is a good thing, since saying yes, keeping busy and having a really active social life can be really tiring. Hence my love of naps.

Unfortunately all this whooping it up and napping can lead to overcommitment with my free time slipping by too fast.

Right about now I'll bet you are wondering what ANY of this has to do with Andrew Thornton's October Reader's Challenge and can I just post the picture already? 'Cause you have, like, 17 more blogs to visit and only so many hours in a day.

Right. So let me get to it.

I bit off more than I could chew with this project. These busy few weeks have not allowed much extra time. Not only that, the time crunch made me awash in indecision about my design. Those two factors combined to thwart the timeliness of my finished piece.

This is what I have so far.

The beads are all stitched to the piece of metallic leather (because I have had leather on my mind lately). That is a river pebble underneath the stitching and a key pendant because I like keys. It's about 2"x 2" or so.

This is where you all come in. I need a push in the right direction. My goal is to finish this piece by next Thursday, November 10. Your job (should you accept it) is to leave a comment and tell me if you think this piece should evolve into a pendant/necklace, bracelet or a brooch.

I will tally up this Sunday night, November 6 and complete the piece in the style that gets the most votes.

I'll reveal the results on Friday November 11.

Thanks for your help! Don't forget to visit the other fine folks participating in this challenge.  Check out the list:




12 comments:

  1. I vote for brooch!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of stitching the beads onto leather--eventhough I'm terrible at this sort of thing. I'm don't make or wear brooches,but I think this design would make for a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brooch, just because you don't see many of them!

    It looks like you are in the same boat as me. I definitely didn't have enough time with my beads either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooch is my vote too. I am excited to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is original & fun. I would favor a brooch or necklace. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see a brooch -- then again, you could add a pendant/brooch finding to the back to solve the whole dilemma...it's so lovely, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, a brooch because you don't see too many of them. You could make it so it was convertible (into a pendant). Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece and it would look nice as brooch.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a brooch. The colors are lovely and I'm seeing it with jeans and a jacket - the perfect autumn accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to vote pendant until I read all the previous comments and they swayed me towards brooch- except maybe a convertible brooch/pendant would be a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say a brooch or pendant!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.