Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Attitude Is...

...Gratitude. Seriously. So yesterday I sent a newsletter about my upcoming studio opening event. I sent it to the mailing list that I had lovingly maintained during my years as a bead store owner. When I closed my San Fransisco store in 2008 it was really bittersweet. The time had come, though and it was the best choice for me at the time.

However, I kept that list. I thought that someday, SOMEDAY, I would use it again. I would have a place that all of my cherished bead friends and customers would gather and do the fun things that we used to do in the store.

I was kind of afraid, though. As I wrote the email, I thought "Do people really want to hear from me? After all, it's been a few years..."

My finger hovered over the "send" button. I just closed my eyes and pushed the button.

And wow. I am tearing up as I write this. I want to thank you ALL for the wonderful, heartfelt and kind words from many of you. I have spent the morning reading the responses to the email. So many of you took the time to write and tell me that you are so glad that I am opening up a new studio.

So thanks. You have made me one happy lady. Love to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.