Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm Gonna WIN!!!

One of my favorite childhood memories is going to the Santa Clara County Fair. Two wonderful weeks in August at the huge fairgrounds in San Jose CA. Italian sausage sandwiches, strawberry shortcake, livestock, car races and photo booths.

There is me and Gran and me and my mom. Looky my mom. She was smokin' hot! 

So, the fair holds a place near and dear to my heart. One of my favorite things about the fair was looking at the arts and crafts and seeing the prizewinning entries. Gazing at the blue ribbons and commenting on the lovely handcrafted items.

A few years ago I started entering my local fair, the San Mateo County Fair. I wanted my own blue ribbon. I entered quilts, yarn and stuff that I wove. But something always eluded me.

Yep. A second, a third and an honorable mention. No first. That is until now...

Meet my prizewinning yarn. Yep. This year is the year. My hank of yellow yarn is gonna take home the blue ribbon. My entry is due on May 9th and its almost ready. Just have to knit a sample swatch and carry it down to the fair office.

BRING IT BLUE RIBBON... This is my year.

1 comment:

  1. Your yarn is *so* pretty! Makes me want to try knitting again!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.