Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thinking...

It's that time again.

You know, when I wrote my first book it seemed easy. Almost too easy. I had something to say. I had the CALLING for something to say. To teach, to spread the soldering love to those who wanted to pick up a torch and create something of their very own out of metal. Book one told a story. A story through basic techniques and lots of love for my students.

Project notes from book one.
Now it seems a little different. How do I move beyond the simple joy of soldering simple things?  I still have a story to tell. My hope is that people will want to continue down the jewelry making path. Make new stuff, learn new skills, build on what they learned.

Right now I am finding the voice of the book. Fleshing out the projects. Trying to be witty and entertaining and thoughtful all at the same time. I know it is in there. Putting pen to paper and fingers to the keyboard is exciting.

I think the journey has begun.

Feel free to leave any comments, thoughts or encouragement in the comments. This is the time that I need to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your book, tutorials & online classes! i have learned so much about soldering from you & cannot wait for book number TWO!! Very exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm ready for your new book! I am so excited. I still use Simple Soldering nearly every day. I have trouble trying to figure out how to solder edge to edge (but i guess i could figure that one out) and soldering a deep cylinder to a bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.