Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hey, January...I got you.

January 1st feels good, doesn't it? Holidays over and done. New ideas brewing. Morning sun shining and post New Years revels hydrating.

2015. I got you. 
I have a couple of thingsto share that might help you ease into making 2015 a good one.

Have you heard of the Passion Planner? I hadn't either. I found out about it on Facebook when some bead-world friends posted about it. It's planner, journal, idea-keeper and motivator all in one.

I've started mine for 2015 and I already love it. I have so many random thoughts and great ideas and stuff that I want to achieve that I can't always keep track of everything that flies through my head. It's laid out for non-lineal thinkers like me. Includes space to plan life and work. Exciting!

There are a couple of new publications that I am excited about, too. First is a revamp of The Crafts Report (a favorite of mine) called Handmade Business. It looks like it's going to be full of good info. Currently they are offering a free subscription to their digital version (the free version includes the majority of the content of the paid edition) but I think it's a cool way to check it out. Looking forward to seeing what they have to share.

The second is a special edition magazine from Interweave Press and the editors of Cloth Paper Scissors called Artists & Makers. I got my hands on the debut issue along with a few extra copies. it has helpful articles, interesting profiles and general inspirational goodness. I have three copies to share. If you'd like one, leave a comment and I'll pick three at random on Monday. Leave a way for me to reach you in the comments so I can get your mailing info.

Are you on my mailing list? There are great new classes and events coming up in my studio for 2015. I have done some rearranging and added a some new tools and equipment. More information to come in a few weeks. You can also check out my website for all the latest information.

All the best to you in 2015!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kate, for your blog and videos. I am an art teacher and my student's and I enjoy your tutorials very much. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Kate! I always enjoy your blog.I would love to have a copy of the magazine. You can reach me at L Morriss @ user Inc . com (No spaces in actual email address. Have to try to foil the databots!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a Happy New Year, Kate! I really have to get that planner; organization is NOT my strong suit! And I'd like to look at the Artists and Makers magazine, too. If you select me, my e-mail is softerfire@outlook.com. Thanks for the fun little raffle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a copy of the magazine!
    Thanks for doing little giveaways like this!
    blakrie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.