So I have some things to share. Events, classes, travel...
But first here is a list of 20 things that I have been doing since March 23 and the last time I wrote a blog post:
1. Got married to the best guy in the world.
2. Worked on a ready made jewelry line that is now selling nationally.
3. Taught classes at BeadFest Texas.
4. Drove across Texas with Jessica Gaston a la Thema and Louise. (Except for the Brad Pitt part and that driving off the cliff thing.)
5. Discovered the Warrington, Round Top, Marberger Antique Shows in south Texas.
6. Worked on my wax carving skills with Bob Burkett.
7. Spent some time by the sea.
8. Had an interesting job interview.
9. Said goodbye to a family member.
10. Met the best handyman in San Francisco for hauling all kinds of crap away.
11. Went to a great concert.
12. Rocked the Dallas Gift Show.
13. Flew 30,000 miles so far.
14. Met 60 new family members.
15. Culled my shoe collection.
16. Grew out my hair.
17. Planned a vacation.
18. Bought a hydraulic press for my studio.
19. Rounded out my wine cellar (okay, it the wine rack in the closet, but still).
20. Did I mention that I got married to the best guy in the world?
Whew. So as my friend Mary says. "Well, that happened."
So now with August upon us, I have dusted out the studio, polished up my tools and am throwing open the doors on Friday evening, August 1st (4-7 PM) and Saturday, August 2 (10-3) and hosting my friend Ava Motherwell and her fantastic bead collection for a fabulous trunk show.
|Aren't they luscious?|
I also have sat down with my calendar and scheduled a couple of classes in the studio for the fall. You can learn how to use the hydraulic press to make all kinds of cool metal components for your jewelry and/or learn a metal manipulation technique to make bangles, cuffs and chain. Sign up at my Etsy store or in person this weekend.
I also have some classes coming up at BeadFest Philly in a couple of weeks after I rock the New Orleans gift show. If you are around either of what-I-am-sure-are-to-be-super-fun-events stop by and say hello.
I promise not to be so silent the rest of this year. Either that or look for another long list recaping the second half of this year in December. Hope to see you this weekend.