Friday, March 22, 2013

Wanna Play on Sunday?

There is a class coming up in my studio on Sunday. We'll get to that in a moment, but first I wanted to share that I am back from a whirlwind trip to BeadFest in Santa Fe, New Mexico and a jewelry trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada. All I can say is "Wow." What great classes, great food, great scenery, great friends and great coincidences. I am really lucky in this life.

Torrance was fussed that we did not have a Limo.
My students were so talented and amazing. It was hardly work to teach my classes. Thank you ladies, for joining me (some of you for multiple days) and being a part of my classes at BeadFest. Wanna see how talented they are? Check it...
From Patinas and Cold Connections
Dapped, Capped & Riveted Beads

I taught my Simple Soldering Boot Camp as well, but we were working away so diligently that I did not have time to take pictures.

I also had the best thing happen to me. I found a thank you note on my chair after class. I am keeping it forever.
Thanks, Kimberlee. You were a fantastic student.

Las Vegas was great, too. I was there with my friend Jess of Jess Imports for the ASD trade show. We sold lovely things from her line. (See her jewelry components, here.) This picture snapped in the airport pretty much sums up Vegas.

We had a great time at the show, lots of jewelry, more great food and drinks, and not too much gambling. At least the folks at the airport direct you to the most important stuff as evidenced by the sign. Torrance followed the arrows and made himself at home.

That is water, not a Gin & Tonic. Okay. It IS a G&T. But that was in Santa Fe.
Now that I am home though, I am prepping for a class at my studio on this coming Sunday, March 24. Wanna join me?

You'll create a lovely embellished leather cuff. All materials are included in the class fee. I have two spaces left. All you need to do is hop on over to my Etsy site and sign up. It's going to be a fun day.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I'm glad to know that you and Torrance got home safely and had a wonderful class. I wanted you to know you are mentioned in my blog this week about teachers on Beaducation. Http://catsmeowco.blogspot.com
    My North Bay Makers guild which was formally the North Bay Metal Clay Group has been talking about getting together and taking a class with you. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.