Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Is there anything more exciting...

...than seeing your jewelry on a cover of a magazine?

I chatted about being a cover girl a while back. It was really great to get my package in the mail from the editor all official-like. Opening it up and TAH-DAH, there it is.

So, of course, the next time I visited my mom we had to go on an adventure to hunt down the magazine in the wild. (I know the local craft store isn't TECHNICALLY the wild, but just humor me.)

The three of us... (my Pop came along for the ride. Look, they are retired and have a lot of time, plus dads like to drive around. You ever notice how they will just jump in the car and run to the store at the drop of a hat for, like, milk or a loaf of bread at the mere mention that supplies are getting low?) ...the three of us jumped in the car and headed for the nearest craft-super store.

We pulled up to the store and Pop stayed in the car. (Dads NEVER come in.) So Ma and I walk in and this is what happened.

We spy the magazine in the racks!

  Ma scans the table of contents...

 ...and spies the project.

She checked out the article...

...and we celebrated!


Before I left I rearranged the magazines so my cover was next to my friend Lisa's cover. That way they wouldn't be lonely.

Then we all went to the store and got milk and bread. It was a great adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the cover. I really wish to be there one day too. Dream dream dream. I love the fact that you rearranged the magazines in the shop! I would totally do exactly the same thing :-)
    All my best,
    Malin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.